Classes are limited to 10 people. First session is 4 hours where you will learn foundation piecing to make your cover consisting of 8 panels. You will hopefully complete 2 panels in class and the rest will be homework. The second session is also 4 hours and you will come with a completed top ready to upholster the Tuffet. See below for what is included in the kit.
- Not So Tuff Tuffet Pattern
- Not So Tuff Tuffet Tool Ruler
- Fabric of choice. You will need 64, 2 ½ ” strips by half the width of fabric. Using a Bali Pop or Jelly Roll is great since they are already cut and color coordinated.
- 1 1/4 yards Muslin
- Sewing Machine and appropriate sewing supplies (if you have them, include a small cutting mat and rotary cutter as well as a small iron and ironing pad to set up at your work station).
- Thin point marker or pencil
- Add-A-Quarter ruler – 12” works best
- Wood legs or bun feet. You will need 4. Lowes has a nice variety of shapes and prices. Paint or stain these and then bring to 2nd class.
- 6” square of coordinating fabric & cotton batting to cover your button
- Fat Quarter to cover the bottom of the tuffet. (you can ususally get both the button and the bottom cover out of a FQ)
Upholstery kit includes: (available from Instructors)
- 2 ½” button to cover
- upholstery Batting
- 6” thick, 18” rounded, sculpted upholstery foam
- 18” round wooden board pre-drilled
- 4 Tee Nuts
- 4 hang bolts
Provided for use in class: Spray Adhesive, 12” upholstery needles and upholstery thread, staple gun and staples will be available for use.